After-school sporting events
At Yeppoon State High School, a wide range of sporting opportunities are available to all students. Extra-curricular activities such as sport provide important and enjoyable learning experiences to our students. Accordingly the program is seen as a desirable complement to classroom activities. The teachers who undertake the job of coaching, supporting, or assisting the students, do so on a voluntary basis, and should be thanked for their commitment to providing these extra opportunities for our students.
The school expects that once a student selects an activity, there will be a commitment to continue that activity until the end of its season. Commitment involves regular attendance at training, practice or rehearsals and the maintenance of the highest standards of dress, behaviour, and fair play.
Extra-curricular activities encourage the development of a student's responsibility for maintaining a healthy balance between family, school work, home tasks, social life and recreation. For any information regarding School Sport, please contact either the Sports Coordinator, or the Heath and Physical Education Head of Department.
Students will be notified in care class when sign up for interschool sports are available:
- Junior & Senior Girls Basketball
- Junior & Senior Boys Futsal
- U15 & Open T20 Cricket GALA
- Years 7-12 Boys Rugby Union Competition
- Junior & Senior Girls Rugby 7s (Union)
- Junior & Senior Boys Basketball
- Years 7-12 Girls Netball
- Junior & Senior Boys Football
- Senior Girls AFL
- Junior & Senior Boys AFL GALA
- Junior & Senior Girls Rugby League
- Junior & Senior Girls Football
- Junior & Senior Girls Touch Football
- Years 7-12 Boys Rugby League
- Junior Girls AFL GALA
- Senior Boys & Girls Volleyball
- Junior & Senior Girls Futsal
- Junior & Senior Girls Cricket