The vision for our school is to have every student able to learn well. We are a student-focussed school: your child’s development and achievements are our sole reason for being here.
Our staff have High Expectations to:
- Engage students in a developmental program of authentic and real-life learning experiences;
- Prepare students for the structural, social and cultural changes brought about by the Primary to Secondary school transition. This includes such items as academic rigour and specialist subjects.
- Provide wide and varied subject choices where students are expected to investigate and plan while continuing to develop reading, writing and arithmetic skills.
We demonstrate this through:
- Project-based real life learning which has been developed through collaborative planning and community involvement.
- Problem-based real life learning.
- Effective profiling of primary students, linking this to the high school setting. Year 8 subjects are carefully structured to lead into the senior school curriculum.
Students working towards developing individual learning pathways that will lead to an exit strategy from the school.
Course and assessment outlines
All students will be emailed a copy of their Course and Assessment Planners.
It is recommended that these planners are printed and placed in a prominent location in your study area at home. Students can also access these individual planners via OneSchool using their school username and password at http://oslp.eq.edu.au.